LL-L "Grammar" 2006.03.18 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Mar 18 21:23:40 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 18 March 2006 * Volume 02

From: Heather Rendall <HeatherRendall at compuserve.com>
Subject: LL-L "Phonology" 2006.03.17 (03) [E]

Message text written by INTERNET:lowlands-l at LOWLANDS-L.NET
>What about aged?<

examples

There was a fashion some years ago for distresed furniture i.e. furniture
that had been  deliberately aged.    ( ajd)  sorry I have no phonetics!

I have one brother aged 10 and another aged 14     ( ajd)

but

'Twas an aged man
On an aged stile
with an aged dog
with a hint of a smile                              a-jed

Is the latter only used poetically nowadays? Or for comic effect?

Heather