LL-L "Anniversary" 2006.03.18 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Mar 19 22:38:49 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 19 March 2006 * Volume 03

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Folks, especially Mike (Szelog),

The message pasted underneath arrive at the LL-L address via an email link
on one of our Anniversay Pages (http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary).  If
you respond to it on the List, please do so under "Names."

Even though the message is not about our Anniversary Presentation but about
surnames, it serves to remind us that lots and lots of people are visiting
our presentation, apparently getting plenty of kicks out of it, and that we
ought to keep going with it.

So, how about some more efforts here, kiddos?  Welsh English?  Irish
English?  New Zealand English?  South African English?  Indian English?
Adhyge, Aleut, Aragonese, Arakanese, Aramaic (Assyrian), Aranda, Arawak,
Arumansh, Asháninka, Assamese, Asturian, Aukan, Aymara, Azeri, Balear,
Balinese, Balochi, Basque, Batak, Belarusan, Bengali, Berber, Bhojpuri,
Blackfoot, Bosnian, Breton, Burmese, Cajun, Caló, Chechen, Chhattisgarhi,
Chin, Chippewa, Chittagonian, Choctaw, Cree, Creek, Croatian, Crow, Dakota,
Dalecarlian, Dari, Deccan, Domari, Dzongkha, Emiliano-Romagnolo, Ewe,
Extremaduran, Farsi, Fijian, Friulan, Gaelic (Scottish), Gagauz,
Greenlandic, Gujarati, Gothlandic (Gutniska), Haiti Creole French, Hawaiian,
Hindi, Hmong, Huastec, Icelandic, Inuktitut, Inupiatun, Javanese,
Kabuverdianu, Kannada, Karakalpak, Karelian, Kazakh, Kashmiri, Kashubian,
Khmer, Konkani, Kurdish, Kyrgyz, Ladin, Ladino, Lao, Latvian, Ligurian,
Lithuanian, Livian, Louisiana Creole French, Luxembourgish, Maasai,
Macedonian, Maithili, Makhuwa, Malayalam, Mapudungun, Marathi, Marshallese,
Maya, Mazatec, Micmac, Miranda do Douro, Mixtec, Moldovan, Mongolian,
Morisyen, Naga, Nahuatl, Navajo, Occitan, Ojibwa, Okinawan, Oriya, Otomi,
Panjabi, Pashto, Pennsylvania German, Picard, Pitjantjatjara, Pulaar, Quebec
French, Romanian, Romany, Rusyn, Rwanda, Samoan, Sanskrit, Scanian, Shona,
Shoshoni, Sindhi, Sinhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Sotho, Sundanese,
Swahili, Swati, Tahitian, Tajik, Tamil, Tarahumara, Tatar, Telugu, Tetun,
Thai, Tibetan, Tlapanec, Tlingit, Tohono O'odham, Tsonga, Turkmen, Tzeltal,
Tzotzil, Upper and Uppermost Alemannic, Urdu, Ute, Wolof, Xhosa, Yakima,
Yoruba, Yupik, Zapotec, Zulu, Zuñi ...?

... not to mention loads and loads of Lowlands-based contact varieties such
as Antigua and Barbuda Creole English, Bahamas Creole English, Bajan, Belize
Kriol English, Berbice Creole Dutch, Grenadian Creole English, Guyanese
Creole English, Hawai'i Creole English, Jamaican Creole English, Krio,
Montserrat Creole English, Netherlands Antilles Creole English, Ngatik Men's
Creole, Nicaraguan Creole English, Panamanian Creole English, Saint Kitts
Creole English, Saramaccan, Sea Island Creole English, Torres Strait Creole,
Tobagonian Creole English, Trinidadian Creole English, Tsotsitaal, Turks and
Caicos Creole English, Vincentian Creole English, Virgin Islands Creole
English ...

... apart from numerous other Lowlands varieties, suchh as Eastern and
Northern Frisian ones ... oh, and all those sound recordings!

I'm sure that many of you have contacts ready for the rounding up and
bothering till they relent.  So get to work!  Be the needed nuisances I know
you can be!

Waiting,
Reinhard/Ron

***