LL-L "Grammar" 2006.05.14 (06) [E/German]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon May 15 03:17:05 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 14 May 2006 * Volume 06

From: "jonny" <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L "Grammar" 2006.05.14 (03) [E]

Liebe Gaby,

autsch!- Du bist wirklich verdammt gut!

> Would you actually say that Hemingway wrote a book titled "For who the
> bell
> tolls"?

Liebe Grüße

Johannes "Jonny" Meibohm

----------

From: "Stellingwerfs Eigen" <info at stellingwerfs-eigen.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Grammar"

Hi all,
about Who/Whom.
As a computerprogrammer I would say:

IF you want to hear that "whom" is right GO TO Kansas University at:
http://www.ku.edu/~edit/whom.html

ELSE

IF you want "whom" for dead GO TO Washington State University at:
http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/who.html

ELSE continue argueing.

I'm sorry, I should not use the GO TO's in a good written program, wouldn't
I?
Mit een vrundelike groet uut Stellingwarf,
Piet Bult