LL-L 'Member news' 2006.09.11 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Sep 11 20:46:13 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 11 September 2006 * Volume 03

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Member news

Folks,

Last week, Ruth Dreyer, our Mark's wife, wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> This is Mark's wife Ruth. Unfortunately, Mark was shot three times on
> Tuesday night while doing his job as a security guard at an apartment
> building. He's in intensive care with a bruised lung, a shoulder wound
> and a gut wound. He's on a respirator for the lung problem, and had a
> colostomy as well after being operated on that evening. Prospects are good,
> but we need lots of prayers!
>
> Sincerely,
> Ruth Dreyer

The last thing I heard from Ruth was that Mark was hanging in there and was still
under sedation.

Three of you have written to me personally to get Mark's address and to ask how
to get messages to him.

The address mrdreyer at lantic.net belongs to both Mark and Ruth, and Ruth seems to
check their mail regularly.  I sent her a somewhat humorous cheer-up card for
Mark (http://www.lowlands-l.net/treasures/vir_mark.gif),* and she said she'd show
it to him as soon as he is fully conscious and awake (which I hope is now).  I
understood this as meaning that she implied that she'll print it out and take it
to Mark.

Please feel free to send messages to Mark and Ruth!  I am sure both of them would
find that very supportive and helpful.  This is a hard time for both of them.
Tastefully humorous is all right, I guess.

* In the bubble: "What? Absent from Lowlands-L?! Where's the note from your
doctor?"  Underneath: "I hope you'll get better and come back soon, dear Mark. We
miss you on the list. The Kanuna wishes you and your family strength and all the
best. Your friend Ron."