LL-L 'Member news' 2006.09.17 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Sep 18 00:00:02 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 17 September 2006 * Volume 03

From: 'Mark Dreyer' [rdreyer at lantic.net]
Subject: LL-L 'Member news' 2006.09.15 (02) [E]

Dear Ron and List,

I suspect he is saving a wealth of pearls for you all, and can not wait for
a chance to catch up on all the different subjects that have been discussed
since he's been in the hospital.

I showed him the cartoon again today, but this time he will remember it
since the drugs are out of his system. Thanks for the good chuckle he got
out of it.

He could be home this week, G"W, but at least no more than a week is our
expectation.

Thank you, Ron, and the list. As I said to one of the members privately, you
seem like a warm and close-knit group, and I'd like to stay a bit involved
now that I've met you, even though I don't have the requisite skills.

Yours truly,
Ruth

----------

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Member news

Thanks for the update, dear Ruth!

Now, those are all good news, but I hope the chuckle didn't hurt our Mark, given
his stitches, bruised lung and things.

Great news about him returning home soon!

Yes, we are a warm and fuzzy kind of group, far-flung all over the globe though
we are.  Hey, we prove all those wrong that don't expect warm, fuzzy and funny to
go with "Germanic" and "Lowlands."

Of course we'd love you to be involved in the List, Ruth!  What "requisite
skills" are you talking about?  You don't have to be an "expert" in anything. All
you need is a modicum of interest (in some of the topics at least, and some of
them are on the entertaining cultural side), an open mind and some willingness to
learn about things that are found in your own backyard and beyond the fence, and
how it is all linked with each other, how it all fits together in the big
picture.  It's all about the things that make each member special and yet related
with others.

All the very best to you, Mark and the rest of the mishpokhe!

Reinhard/Ron

P.S.: Talking about "warm and fuzzy," I'm delighted that our Marsha (Coin) Wilson
(of "barnacle goose" fame, http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/marsha.php) has
rejoined the List today.  Welcome back, Marsha, dear!