SPAM:: LL-L 'Resources' 2006.09.22 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Sep 22 22:41:29 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 22 September 2006 * Volume 01

From: 'Ben J. Bloomgren' [Ben.Bloomgren at asu.edu]
Subject: LL-L 'Resources' 2006.09.22 (02) [E/LS/German]

However, I'm pleased to know that the NDR is finally joining those of us who
have dared to "look across the backyard fence," dared to present our
language
globally. Most other organizations in Northern Germany continue to pretend
that
our language stops at the German border, and they continue to believe that
it
must be confined to "local" and "regional" and that using it in
international
contacts and in translation of literature from other languages would be to
far to
exotic for the average North German to stomach. Well, we'll see ...

Reinhard, does it have live programming in Plat that is 24 hours a day like
a BBC or a Deutsche Welle? If so, could you find the link for those of us
who do not speak Joyman?
Ben