LL-L "Names" 2007.12.02 (02) [E]

Sun Dec 2 19:29:23 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  02 December 2007 - Volume 02

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Names" 2007.11.27 (02) [E]

A while ago, Reinhard was complaining about his first name being
desecrated by a few individuals here, including me. Then I wrote that the
Dutch form of his name was Reindert. The News today reminded me of that
again, it was about the big governmental crisis in Belgium that has last
already for almost half a year now, and it has everything to do with the
two nations: the Dutch speaking Flemish majority and the French speaking
Walloons, and the complicated bilingual Brussels area. In the Netherlands
many fear or sometimes hope that Belgium will be split into a Dutch
speaking and a French speaking half... But the funny thing is, that the
Flemish leader has a typical French name, he's called Yves Leterme, and
the Walloon leader a typical Dutch one, his name is... Reinders. Oh Irony!

Ingmar

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Names

Complained?! Ah din't do no such thing, mister! Don't spread no false
rumors!

Reinhard/Ron/whatever ...