LL-L "Holidays" 2007.12.08 (03) [E/S]

Sat Dec 8 20:31:00 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  08 December 2007 - Volume 03

From: Wesley Parish <wes.parish at paradise.net.nz>
Subject: LL-L "Holidays" 2007.12.07 (03) [E]

Ron,

I am betting your father was the cause of much amusement to the neighbouring
fathers, when their disappointed offspring complained that the Pingstbull
hadn't left anything behind for them ... I assume that the relevant earthy
idiom is the same in English, Low Saxon and German?

I take my hat off to your father.  That is real genius!

Wesley Parish

On Saturday 08 December 2007 05:01, Lowlands-L List wrote:
 <snip>

> From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Holidays

<snip>
> So you are one of those guys that goes around scaring little kids, I see.

And cracking mirrors ... ;)

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Holidays

Thanks, Wes.

Well, perhaps I got my occasionally surfacing irreverent streak from my
father. From my mother it sure ain't.

"Genius"? I don't know about that, especially coming from the very inventor
of the Anti-Claus concept himself -- which I consider on a par with, if not
superior to, the Hanukkah Armadillo concept (http://tinyurl.com/2elqxm).

So what do you think about the gilded lily (with a touch of Pacific Rim)
"Santa Jaws"?
(For those that need help: "Jaws" = a movie about shark attacks)

An nou a speir fer our Scottish feres an feresses: Whit kin o bodie or
craitur luik the gate o *yer* wee yins on Yule, Pace an mibbie ither
hoalidays, an whit are the ongauns (tradeetion-lik)?