LL-L "Etymology" 2007.12.12 (03) [E]

Wed Dec 12 22:08:23 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  12 December 2007 - Volume 03

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2007.12.12 (01) [E]

Oh, Gabriele, you're so funny, I love that!

Ingmar

The Global Moose wrote:

I am very glad to hear that, I thought it was part of your proposed new LS
spelling and I thought, "he's really, REALLY going too far now". ;-)

Ingmar wondered about:
"It boils down to the German nouns *Kunde*, Low Saxon
*K**ünn*, 'knowledge',
'notice', the adjectives *kund* ( e.g. *kund tun/geben*), Low Saxon
*k**ünnig*, 'known', 'made aware', and the verb *k**ündigen*, Low Saxon
*k**ünnigen*, 'to make known'
Reinhard answered:

Ingmar, I didn't put those there. That's the sort of stuff one sees when
one
looks at "raw," unformatted versions in the archive ( i.e. doesn't click on
the toggle link at the bottom) and on top of it doesn't switch to Unicode
encoding.