LL-L 'Grammar' 2007.02.02 (02) [E]

Fri Feb 2 21:43:27 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L - 02 February 2007 - Volume 02

From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L 'Grammar' 2007.02.01 (04) [E]

Mathias Rösel wrote:
Subject: LL-L 'Grammar' 2007.02.01 (01) [E/German]\

 A book called "Using German" I recently got out of the local library gave
examples of different regional grammar including "dieses Bier (zum beispiel)
ist mir.." rather than "dieses... ist mein/e.."  It said this was a Northern
habit.

  That may be Hassian, it's certainly not Northern German.
--
Mathias

And from Jonny Meibohm

Yes- you and the book are quite right- it is said this way. But I don't
think it to be correct German.

Jonny and Mathias:

There is no way, as a foreign speaker, I'd ever use this sort of
non-standard grammar, but it's useful to know it exists.  Otherwise, I start
to think *I've* got it wrong!

Paul Finlow-Bates