LL-L 'Language varieties' 2007.01.26 (06) [E]

Fri Jan 26 23:30:31 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L - 26 January 2007 - Volume 06

From: Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong <Dutchmatters at comcast.net>
Subject: LL-L 'Lexicon' 2007.01.26 (01) [E/LS]

Re: body language Ole Stig Anderson says:" Cats' and dogs' tails are
parallel to human body language, whereas sign languages are a fully-fledged
languages with words, grammar and all, which you can hardly say of body
language, be it pets' or humans'."
But is that not just the argument that Ron was making? Whether it is a
spoken language or a sign language, they both come at us from a misty past
whether from grunt or ear twitch. Look what came of both the grunt and the
twitch! Jacqueline