LL-L 'Traditions' 2007.01.30 (05) [D/E/LS]

Tue Jan 30 19:39:27 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L - 30 January 2007 - Volume 05

From: A Victorie <victorie.a at home.nl>
Subject: LL-L 'Traditions' 2007.01.29 (02) [D/E/LS]

Moi Gabrielle,

Ie schreven:

But since you asked, here are some fragments of another Dutch song to the
same tune, maybe you know that one... luckily I don't remember all of it.
;-)

Drie rovers kwamen van heel ver, gewapend met een lucifer.
Fi di ral dal dal, fi di ral dal dal, fi di ral dal dal dal dal.

De rovers waren heel bekwaam, ze klommen door het WC-raam. Fi di ral... etc.

De eerste rover heette Piet, de tweede rover was er niet.

De derde rover heette Klaas, die maakte soep van tenenkaas.

De opa van een jaar of honderd werd met een klap van de trap gegooid.
(the humorous part being that "gedonderd" would have rhymed").

There must be more verses, I'm sure.

Kiek mar ie op onderstaonde websteden

http://www.cubra.nl/sjep/feestvanvroeger/raamsdonk/moordvanraamsdonkoverzicht.htm#top

http://lirama.net/song/49274

http://www.volksliedarchief.nl/liederen/de%20moord%20van%20raamsdonk.htm

Goodgaon,

Arend Victorie.

----------

From: Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong <Dutchmatters at comcast.net>
Subject: LL-L 'Traditions' 2007.01.29 (04) [E/S]

Re Poussie Baudrons: Thanks Sandy and Ron for this wonderful story. Maybe
when "we" have milked the Wren for all that it is worth, we can switch to
that tale of animal stealth. What struck me about this story was how similar
it was, both in "internal organization", "rhythm" and "twang"  to the Cajun
stories of Boudreaux and Thibodeaux of which you can find quite a few on the
internet. I am sending you herewith one of my favorites. And don't worry:
what could be more 'lowland' than a story about the Bayou. Jacqueline

""*Gone Fishin' Cajin style*

Boudreaux been fishin down by de bayou all de day and he done run outa night
crawlers. He be bout redeye to leave when he seed a snake wit a toad frog in
hits mouth. He knowed that dem big bass fish likes toad frogs so he dun
decided to steal that froggie. That snake, hit be a cottn mouthed water
moccasin so'd he have to be real carefull like or he'd git bit.
He snuk up behind de snake and grabbed him roun de haid. That ole snake
di'nt lik hit one bit. He commemced to squirm'n an wrapped itself around
Boudreaux's arm try'n to get free, but Boudreaux, him had a real good grip
on his haid, yea.
Well Boudreaux pried hit's mouth open and got de frog and put's it in his
bait can. Now Boudreaux knows that he cain't let go of de snake or hit's
goin' ta bite him good, but he had a plan.
He reached into de back pocket of'n his bib over-hauls and pulls out a pint
o' moonshine likker. He pours a couple of draps inta de snakes mouth.
Well that snake's eyeballs roll back in hits head and hits body goes limp.
Wit dat Boudreau toss's duh snake inta da crick then he goes back tuh
fish'n.
A while later Boudreaux dun feel sumptin tapp'n on his barefoot toe. Well,
he slowly look down and dare be dat water mocassin, and he gat two toad
frogs in his mouth."