LL-L "Travels" 2007.06.12 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 00:46:03 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  12 June 2007 - Volume 05

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Travels

Dear Lowlanders,

Thanks again to those of you that voted for name choices of our new website.

The site is up now: lowlands-l.net/travels/

Thanks to the Advisory Team members. You will find their names under
"Participants".

At the moment, we have very little more than the introductions ("front
matter") and the basic "skeleton" of the site.  Nevertheless, please browse
around to familiarize yourselves with it.  We can always add, remove and
restructure things as we go.  We're open to suggestions.

Now it's a matter of a concerted effort to put the goodies there.  Please
read about the specifics and some suggestions under "Works Wanted".

Please also bear in mind that we expect neither literary masterworks nor
long epistles (though they are definitely welcome also, and there is one now
under "Germany," "Things to Do" and "Things to Taste," and that's because I
had written it earlier).  A single to-the-point paragraph per item is just
fine, and it suits the attention span of most visitors. If you can add
graphics, audio or video files, that's cherries on top.

We can discuss details later.

Just remember that this is an opportunity for you and people you know (who
don't have to be subscribers) to provide tips and ideas and also showcase
places and things that are relatively little known, at least
internationally. Of course, this doesn't mean that you can't contribute
blurbs about better-know places and things.  The bottom line is that
potentially this is a powerful promotion tool that can benefit travelers and
the communities of their destinations alike, aside from the benefit of
promoting the focus of our interest and our LL-L community.

People have taken notice of us. So we an an opportunity to promote and
educate.  Let's make use of it and do so for the best!

So please get cracking on this!

Thanks and regards,