LL-L "Travel" 2007.05.23 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:52:26 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  23 May 2007 - Volume 01

From: Pat Reynolds <pat at caerlas.demon.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Travels" 2007.05.20 (03) [E]

In message
<57c981290705201214r2800107dw4e5d2665e013a2d7 at mail.gmail.com>,
Lowlands-L List <lowlands.list at gmail.com> i.e. Roger writes
>I can imagine this may be an issue for people who do not travel very
>much.

I don't think it matters what the scale is.  'This is my favourite cycle
ride' seems to me to be just as valid as 'an inter-continental journey.

I am trying to learn how to use Googlemaps to make something like this:
http://www.blogoklahoma.us/main.asp?xP=BlogLink&xM=1&xY=235

Best wishes,

Pat
--
Pat Reynolds

It may look messy now ...
        ... but just you come back in 500 years time (T. Pratchett).

----------

From: Global Moose Translations <globalmoose at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Travels" 2007.05.22 (04) [E]

>Lowlands-L
>TRAVEL TIPS
*>*Lowlands Places to Experience and Remember

Hmm, I don't know, don't like those "Travel Tips" at all. Maybe if we turned
it around? Something like "Getting Around in the Lowlands", "Sights to See
in the Lowlands", "Visiting the Lowlands", something along those lines?

Gabriele Kahn

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Travels

Gabriele,

I agree that it doesn't seem very "sexy" or catchy.  But so far it's the
most accurate for what we're about to do.  Though some contributions may do
so, the objective isn't to map out tours for people.

I've made the working draft of the top panel so that I can change the
words.  We should keep brainstorming.

The Lowlands Travel Bug

:-)

The Overlowlander

:-P

Lowlands Spots
(another disease?)

I still like Lowlands Soujourner or Lowlands Soujourns, because it suggests
places to stop and see, but Sandy thinks it's too much of a mouthful ... :-(
(I could hold him and let you pummel him until he agrees it's a wonderful
idea.)

Lowlands Sightseer?

Lowlands Wayfarer after all, maybe?  Better than Lowlands Waylayeror
Lowlands Bushwhacker, of The Wayward Lowlander, I suppose.

Keep thinking!  Think "places to see" and "good advice" rather than "travel
itineraries."