LL-L "Travels" 2007.05.23 (09) [E

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Thu May 24 03:40:45 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  23 May 2007 - Volume 09

From: Global Moose Translations <globalmoose at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Travels" 2007.05.23 (03) [E]

>Gabriele:
> Maybe not, you know what happens when my brain gets all stormy... :-P

>I know! It ain't a pretty picture. Even the Ulen take to Flucht then.

...thus proving that I'm not just another pretty face...

Gabriele Kahn

----------

From: Andrys Onsman <Andrys.Onsman at calt.monash.edu.au>
Subject: LL-L "Travel" 2007.05.23 (01) [E]

To: Pat Reynolds
Subject: Travels
From: Andrys Onsman

> I am trying to learn how to use Googlemaps to make something like this:
> http://www.blogoklahoma.us/main.asp?xP=BlogLink&xM=1&xY=235
> <http://www.blogoklahoma.us/main.asp?xP=BlogLink&xM=1&xY=235>

Have you tried this?

Follow these steps [in order of course]
1. go to www.google.co.uk
2. click on maps
3. click on get directions
4. go from "new york" to "london, england "
5. scroll down in the directions to number 24 (or thereabouts)

As to the debate currently raging, I quite like the emphasis on the
activity rather than the person: such as "Traveling the Lowlands L Road."

Cheers
Andrys

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks.  The are helpful.

Having kicked all those ideas around, I now tend toward going away from
trying to be cute toward something brief, simple and ... well, "pregnant"
with meaning ... or something "multi-evocative."

My first thought was of ...
Lowlands-L
PLACES

But right now I tend toward favoring ...

Lowlands-L
JOURNEYS
Places to Experience and Remember

This can be "journeys" and "places" in any imaginable sense.  By using
"Lowlands-L" instead of "Lowlands" we're making it specific to us and at the
same time inclusive of non-European "transplants."  At least that's how I
perceive it.

The title panel will show an old Lowlands country road going off into the
distance, toward some light in the fog of this overall foggy landscape.

On the first page I will use the picture I currently have on the first page
of the Gallery site (lowlands-l.net/gallery/), because I feel it's better
for the travel section.  I'll then come up with a new one for the Gallery.

What do you think?

So start sharpening your pens, folks!

Thanks again!