LL-L "Language politics" 2007.10.02 (05) [E/LS]

Tue Oct 2 15:21:12 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  02 October 2007 - Volume 05

From: "M.-L. Lessing" <marless at gmx.de>
Subject: LL-L "Language politics" 2007.10.02 (02) [LS]

Bravo, Marcus! 1 a Recherchearbeit hest Du da al maakt. Ik schmöker al un
schmöker noch wieder.

Marlou

----------

From: Theo Homan <theohoman at yahoo.com>

> From: Marcus Buck <list at marcusbuck.org>
> Subject: Language politics

[...]
> Ik heff mi al länger en beten mit dat Thema
> 'Feernsehn in
> Minnerheitenspraken' beschäftigt. >
[...]
> Mien Gedanken to en plattdüütschen Feernseh-Senner.
[...]
> Velen Dank, dat ji dit leest hebbt
> Marcus Buck

Hallo Marcus,

I'm hesitating to respond.
Because: why me?

But: even the Netherlands have their own broadcasting and tv-stations. [ You
know: how many are we? But is this a ethically defendable answer? ]

Marching to your target, I think it is wise to interest radio- and tv-people
to get interested for your target.
And see if you can get e.g. one hour a day for 'platt'.

'Kultur in Norden'[NDR3] spend 30 minutes a day for story-telling. They
could do the same for story-telling in platt.
And they could spend some minutes for ministers and priests for spiritual
talks in platt; as they do now in hochdeutsch.
And thus the platt get an 'accepted' level.
And let reviews about platt-literature be given in platt.
The same for televison.

And very important: let the advertising-agencies make spots in platt.

Well... it is not the great revolution. But is is a 'Baustein'.

vr.gr.
Theo Homan