LL-L "History" 2007.09.23 (01) [E]

Sun Sep 23 20:13:34 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  23 September 2007 - Volume 01

From: Ron Bronemann <ronbron7 at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "History" 2007.09.22 (03) [E]

In my home township in Jones County, Iowa, many Scots settled in the early
1800s.  However, they soon learned that they were unable to farm the land.
It was flat and very wet.  Many of them moved on to other areas.  This gave
the Low Saxony immigrants wonderful farmland.  They were able to use their
knowledge from Ostfriesland to improve the land with tiling and other
helpful farm practices.

Moin

Ron Bronemann