LL-L "Media" 2007.09.29 (01) [E/LS]

Sat Sep 29 20:32:40 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  29 September 2007 - Volume 02

From: Ronald Veenker <veenker at atmc.net>
Subject: LL-L "Media" 2007.09.27 (07) [E]

Ah, yes, Onno Falkena, of course.  I was coming home from a party while
listening and I was afraid I wouldn't get all the details right.

Ron

----------

From: Gary Taylor <gary_taylor_98 at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L Media

Hi Ron and all

you wrote, Ron

"We form a LL-L public relations team that gathers
interesting information from the List and related
activities, writes brief press releases and
distributes them to various media organizations?
These press releases could then be displayed as one of
our web presentations as well."

Well I'd be interested in helping out, but I have to
warn you in advance that I'm incredibly unorganised
and my help would probably only end up sporadic...

Gary (Taylor)

----------

From: Arend Victorie <victorie.a at home.nl>
Subject: Ellert en Brammert

Moi Leeglaanders,

De publieke omroep NCRV hef films emaakt naoe anleiding van bekende
Nederlaandse volksverhaaln.

Van elke pervinsie iene en van Drenthe was dat 't verhaal van Ellert en
Brammert.

Dit Drentse volksverhaal is op eneumen in 't openluchtmuseum wel dezölfde
name drag. *"Openluchtmuseum Ellert en Brammert"* in Schoonoord.

De theatergroep Stichting Openluchtspel Westerbork waor as ik regisseur van
bin, hef daor zien mitwarking an maggen verlienen.

Ok ik heb daor mien stientie an bij maggen dragen, ik speule in de film de
rol van Brammert.

Aj de film wult bekieken dan he'j hieronder de link staon.

Rechts in 't bieldscharm stiet een tillevisiescharmpie en daor onder kuj
klikken op (Video bij antwoord.)

Ik zul zeggen kiek naor een bloedstollend verhaol.

http://www.willemwever.nl/?nav=euhsQsHrGmKvKwI&vraag=zeymXsHrGmKvKuGyjL&media=kfymXsHrGmKvKuGyjLdrLC#<http://www.willemwever.nl/?nav=euhsQsHrGmKvKwI&vraag=zeymXsHrGmKvKuGyjL&media=kfymXsHrGmKvKuGyjLdrLC>

Goodgaon,

Arend Victorie
----------

From: R. F. Hahn < sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Media

Dear Lowlanders,

Gary writes above:

Well I'd be interested in helping out, but I have to
warn you in advance that I'm incredibly unorganised
and my help would probably only end up sporadic...

That's all right, mate. It takes all sorts to make even the simplest of
pies. My basic assumption regarding all LL-L activities is that each and
every member is potentially useful, brings something valuable to the table,
and probably no single one of them comes with everything that is needed.
Hence, collaboration is of the essence.

Gary, being a good writer as well as a native English speaker, you bring the
obvious to the table ... to start with.  So you may not make a perfect
coordinator. Someone else should then take that job ... and I hope we have a
volunteer other than me. Even people that don't write well and are unsure of
the linguistic and grammatical abilities have roles to play on the teams,
such as brainstorming, identifying possible topics, researching topics,
identifying and collecting media contacts, sending out press releases ...

I propose that we post drafts of press releases online for everyone on the
List to read and comment on, because such releases will eventually be
distributed in the name of the List.

Remember: this is an opportunity to draw attention to the things we care
about and also to put us on the map as an organization.

And now our Arend (lowlands-l.net/anniversary/arend.php) ... What can I say?
He's done it again! Let me recap on what he reports above in Drenthe Low
Saxon.

The Netherlands public broadcaster NCRV is presenting a series of regional
traditional stories in play form, one play per region. Arend's region is
represented by the traditional story "Emmert and Brammert," performed and
recorded at the open-air museum in Schoenoord.  (See also Arend's region
mentioned in his travel story: lowlands-l.net/travels/papeloze_kerk.php) The
cast consists of members of the theater group Stichting Openluchtspel
Westerbork (Westerbork Open-air Theater Foundation) of which Arend is the
director. (Many of you will recall that Arend is particularly interested in
ancient traditions and stories.)  In this particular play he plays the role
of Brammert.

A video version of this production can be downloaded here -- and I give you
an abbreviated URL: tinyurl.com/2pym3c

Go to the TV screen on the right and click on "Video bij antwoord" to start
the video. I haven't watched it yet, but I right-clicked on the link and
saved the video file to my hard-drive so I can watch it later without any
connection problems slowing it down.

Yeah, that Arend of ours ... He's active all right, isn't he? He's a shining
example of any individual being able to get stuff moving by springing into
action rather than leaving it to others to do. And we are fortunate to have
quite a few people like him on the List.

Kumpelmenten, beste Arend. Maak so wyder!