LL-L "Anniversary" 2008.04.09 (02) [E]

Thu Apr 10 17:52:41 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 10 April 2008 - Volume 02
the html toggle at the bottom of the archived page.

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Dear Lowlanders,

Officially, our 13th anniversary month will begin at the end of the coming
week. I am having a lot of things to finish right now and am not sure if
everything I want to be ready will be ready by then. So let's just say that
beginning and end of the anniversary month will be somewhat fluid.

Please see if you can help to further develop our online presentations:

   - *Anniversary site*
   http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/
   - *Gallery site*
   http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/
   - *Travel site*
   http://lowlands-l.net/travels/
   - *Beyond the Pale*
   http://lowlands-l.net/beyondthepale/

I will officially "hook up" Beyond the Pale as a new site after adding a few
odds and ends.

Please consider adding members' profiles ("bio blurbs") to be added to those
already posted (http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/members.php). Please feel
free to do so in any language and any style you wish (as long as it's
suitable for all ages).

There are some indications of us being able to post at least one Shetlandic
version of the story shortly. I had hoped for one all along.

There are three Lowlands songs now, two of them with music so far:

   - http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/hahn_lowlands-song.php
   - http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/hahn_lowlands_mind.php
   - http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/hinz_uns_lowlands.php

The latest addition is a song written by Hannelore Hinz (music and Low Saxon
lyrics) with German and English lyrics by our Marlou Lessing.

Though not a LL-L member (because she is English-challenged, having been
educated in the earlier days in East Germany), Hannelore (a.k.a. Hanne,
a.k.a. Treckfiedel-Hanne, for mi also diminutive Hanning) has been very
supportive:

   - http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/mekelnborgsch.php
   - http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/feature_hanne_nds.php
   - http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/

I have sent her a certificate of merit conveying thanks and making her an
honorary member of LL-L.

Hanne just responded (in Mecklenburg Low Saxon) to receiving the
certificate:

*nu bün ick baff, heff gornich mit räkent, ick dank Di von Harten un all'
Dien Maaten, dat's mi annahmen hebben. Dat will ick hoch in Ihren hollen. Nu
möt ick oewer deip Puust haalen un mi ierst mal besinnen.*
* *
*Ick ümarm Juug alltohopen!*

My translation:

Now I'm stunned, didn't expect this at all. I thank you and all your members
with all my heart for accepting me. It will have a special place of honor
with me. And now I'm having to catch my breath and simmer down.

Hugs for all of you!