LL-L "Resources" 2008.12.09 (02) [E]

Tue Dec 9 18:17:23 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 09 December 2008 - Volume 02

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Dear Lowlanders,

Our Tom Mc Rae's corner of our gallery has been flourishing lately. Please
visit it once in a while.

http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/mcrae.php

Underneath Tom's picture you will find a number of links that lead to the
various works of his.

The latest works we have added are two parts of a children's story Tom wrote
for a specific little girl.

(1) The Strange Tale of Cuddles the Crocodile
      http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/mcrae_cuddles1.php

(2) Cuddles Goes Home
      http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/mcrae_cuddles2.php

The are a lot of fun and reflect Tom's specific imagination and sense of
humor. You might want to share them with the children in your lives, also
with peoplethat have not forgotten to be children at heart.  I certainly got
a real kick and many a chuckle out of Tom's story.

Works that are similarly fun are the well-known fairy-tales Tom reworked in
Edinburgh Scots and set in neighborhoods of his native city:

Flo White an' the Sivun Wee Teuchters
[Little Snow White (Schneewittchen)]
http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/mcrae_flo.php

Jimmy Goldie an The Three Baer Bruvvers
[Goldilocks and the Three Bears]
http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/mcrae_baer.php

Shooie an Gretta
[Hansel and Gretel (Hänsel und Gretel)]
http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/mcrae_shooie.php

Wee Toaty Rid Ridin' Hewd
[Little Red Riding Hood (Rotkäppchen)]
http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/mcrae_ridinhewd.php

I have added a special children's category to the gallery and encourage
everyone to consider submitting their child-specific works (which may be
written, audio, video or visual art, or any combination of these). In fact,
I suggest we specifically address children on-line if we want our area of
interest to be continued. Perhaps a special kiddy corner presentation would
be in order.

Please share your thoughts or ideas about this.

Thanks for your effort and support, Tom!

Thanks and regards to everyone,