LL-L "Resources" 2008.12.19 (02) [E]

Fri Dec 19 19:20:49 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 19 December 2008 - Volume 02

From: Joachim Kreimer-de Fries <Kreimer at jpberlin.de>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2008.12.19 (01) [E/LS]

>> Help needed - enjoyment of classical Low Saxon provided! <<

Dear Lowlanders,

last June (22.06.2008) I already informed you paranthetically, that I had
brought online one of the outstanding resources of classical modern time Low
Saxon, in this case Westphalian:

 F. W. Lyra: Plattdeutsche Briefe, Erzählungen und Gedichte..., Osnabrück
1844
------------------------------
==> Siit een paar daagen kan men dat bouk van F. W. Lyra - dank miiner
Digi-Book-Vadderscup (sponsorship) - "anner liine" liäsen [read online] or'r
runnerlaaen (man dat is in de originaale fraktuur-schrift):
http://gdz.sub.uni-goettingen.de/no_cache/dms/load/toc/?IDDOC=321236

Meanwhile, our friend Heiko Evermann has thankworthly cured the
OCR-processing of the facsimile and is now managing the proofreading of the
OCR-text on the Distributed Proofreaders side of the Gutenberg Project (FAQ
on this international cultural undertaking:
http://www.pgdp.net/c/faq/ProoferFAQ.php ).

This proofreading undertaking will result in an electronically readable,
searchable and evaluable text format of the Lyra work!

Whoever is disposed to know somewhat more on classical Low Saxon and
Westphalian and is willing to contribute to a sooner completion a this
project should join us at:

http://www.pgdp.net/c/project.php?id=projectID49403e70a3d57&detail_level=3

To participate in the project, you have to click the Register link right at
the top (if not already participant in one the pgdp proofreader projects).

I suppose, a big quota of the proofreading of Lyra's book will be done by
myself, but any help is desired. And I promise you - as I did a year ago
when calling for participation in Heiko's Lübben project of
Mittelniederdeutsches Handwörterbuch:

"believe me:

Dat is eyne wane gūde wīse, den rīkdom unde de vylfoldicheyt der

sasseschen spraken beter to kennen unde tor eygen nutsamicheyt to

hebben!"

I abstain from traducing this to Modern LS or English ... You are also
encouraged to forward this information to your possibly interested friends
or language students.

Goutgaun!

joachim

--