LL-L "Traditions" 2008.12.25 (03) [E]

Thu Dec 25 19:23:28 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 25 December 2008 - Volume 03

From: Sandy Fleming <sandy at scotstext.org>
Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2008.12.23 (02) [E]

> From: Thomas Mc Rae <t.mcrae at uq.net.au>
> Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2008.12.22 (08) [E]
>

> Yesterday the local Presbyterian Church Choir was singing carols when
> management demanded they leave as their songs were TOO RELIGIOUS !
>
> Folk like that believe Jesus should be thrown out of the manger and
> replaced by Rudolph !Bah ! Humbug !!

Of course! No baby should be born in a manger. I bet it was Rudolph that
got the last room at the inn!

Sandy Fleming
http://scotstext.org

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Orthography

I was wondering if we might yet get a final blast of vintage Sandy humor
before Sandy Day (a.k.a. Hogmaney a.k.a. New Year's Eve) as the finale of
2008 ... *et voilà*!

Nice to witness a rare banter round between two of my heroes of Scottish
wit.

P.S.: I spent most of yesterday getting to and from the airport and waiting
in vain for someone to arrive. But there's progress: he's made it from
Chicago to San Francisco and is stuck there now. Here it started thawing,
and now it's snowing again ... "White Christmas"? Bah, humbug! And loads and
loads of e-mail messages awaited me back home, some of them from some of
you. Thanks.