LL-L "Resources" 2008.12.30 (02) [E]

Tue Dec 30 15:31:02 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 30 December 2008 - Volume 02

From: Tommie Cronje <tommiecronje at slingshot.co.nz>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2008.12.29 (05) [E]

Hi, I saw that one on the kalahari.net website. I'm not an expert on
Afrikaans, although I am a native speaker (of Afrikaans) and teacher of
English (in New Zealand), so anyone who'd like to ask anything or maybe even
would like to do conversation classes over the telephone or internet – let
me know. Sorry if offering this is against the rules of this forum (it just
sprang to mind), and if it is, please remove this post. Thanks, T.

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Thanks again, Tommie, also for your consideration to the rules.

I admit that the "no commercials" rule is somewhat vague, and there's a fine
line there somewhere. Personally, I feel that members announcing a for-pay
service once in a while should be all right, on the same level as announcing
that a member teaches a course at some school, or announcing the publication
of a member's book, CD or such, which we have been doing for a long time. I
think it's a matter of (low) volume and intensity.