LL-L "Travels" 2008.02.07 (03) [E]

Thu Feb 7 21:57:19 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  -  07 February 2008 - Volume 03
the html toggle at the bottom of the archived page.

From: Fred van Brederode <f.vanbrederode at home.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Travels" 2008.02.05 (03) [E]

Mike Morgan  wrote:

Sorry I will NOT be able to join you. My wife, though she was born and
lived her first 7 years on Maui and then her next 11 in Alaska) claims
Santa Cruz (where she went to univeristy) as home, and her eldest
sister lives in Santa Clara and her mother in Santa Cruz. Alas, I as
now live in Bombay (Mumbai to SOME BJPers). and have been SWAMPED with
work (albeit very enjoyable and rewarding work) pretty much
continually for the 2 months since I came here, I will be unable to
make it a party ("two's company and three's ... a party!")

IF I were ever to return to the States and retire (I PLAN to do the
latter, though at this time there are no plans for the former), I
would definitely consider that part of the country ... it is
wonderful, and, as Ron points out, March is a good time to visit.

PS Make sure you visit some missions if you have use of a car ...

Sorry to hear this Mike, It would have been fun to roam the Santa Cruz area
with a bunch of Lowlanders. Especially with you, since I learned you know
your way around.
Though I have a very enjoyable as well as rewarding program at Santa Clara
University, I am sure there will be some time left for party. What a pity
you won't be able to take the lead in partying or just simply meet for an
interesting chat with LL friends.

Ron you wrote very encouragingly:

At the moment I'm in Seattle, but there's a chance of me being down in Santa
Cruz and perhaps other parts in the first and/or second week of March. I'll
be in touch with you about that if it comes off.

Great. That would be splendid Ron. I hope we can make it to actually meet in
person. The program takes me to Santa Clara University on March 5, 6 and 7.
I will arrive in SF on March 2, starting off with a jet lag. I will send you
more details on my whereabouts later.

The group I in am counts is about twenty managers senior (I met with the age
criteria) doing a program on (among other things)  marketing, innovation,
leadership and e‑commerce. The program is organized by Tias, a branch of
Tilburg University. It has nothing to do with linguistics or Lowlandic
affairs at all. I am in a far different trade.
The majority of our group decided to start off at San Francisco. I am post
flower power generation. But San Francisco never the less sounds magic.

Now, with a good chance of your possible presence I suppose anyone in the SF
or Santa Cruz area will be joining in. Why not take the opportunity of a
non-virtual meeting. I agree with Mike that three is a party and any number
above three makes it an incrowdable party.

Alle gekheid op een stokje. I am really looking forward to this new
dimension of LL travel.
Fred van Brederode

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Travels

Hi, Fred!

Just now I've become aware of a change of plans, and at the moment it looks
as though I will *not* be able to be in the area at that time. Some things
are still up in the air, but this is what it looks like at this moment.

Sorry ...