LL-L "Traditions" 2008.01.26 (07) [E]

Sun Jan 27 03:28:38 UTC 2008

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  26 January 2008 - Volume 07

From: Geoffrey Martin <geoffmartinis at mail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2008.01.25 (02) [E]

As with Ms Wilson, I learned this 'game' in Los Angeles (Santa Monica/
Venice in my case) in the 40s, but it had been passed to me from my
mother, a native of a largely Jewish suburb of New York City, AND my
father, who grew up in exurban Boston to Irish parents.  The girls in
my neighborhood were few and not game players, at least until we had
hit 14 years or so.
Geoff Martin

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Traditions