LL-L "Technica" 2008.01.30 (03) [E]

Wed Jan 30 21:44:20 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  -  30 January 2008 - Volume 03

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Technica

Folks,

Silly me forgot to give you the URL!
 Here it is:
http://www.sealaskaheritage.org/flash/salmon_boy.swf

Sorry ...

Reinhard/Ron

I wrote:

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Folks,

It is really encouraging to see improved technology being used for language
demonstration and education purposes, especially where "rare" and endangered
languages are concerned. I hope we will be able to get a piece of that too
sometime.

I found another nice presentation, this one for Tlingit (*Lingít*),* *a
Na-Dene language used in coastal southeastern Alaska and in neighboring
parts of British Columbia, Canada.

It's a native story *Shanyaak'utlaax* ("Salmon Boy") presented as a book
with written and spoken Tlingit text and English subtitles.

So, you whiz-kids, what is the extension .sfw? I know the program is Flash.
I do have the Macromedia MX Program, but I haven't started using/learning it
yet. Those of you that are in the know, how difficult and time-consuming do
you think it would be to create a similar resource? Also, is it possible to
create something like this in Microsoft OwerPoint (in which I'm fairly
proficient) and them convert it into a Flash version?

Why, there might even be some jazzed-up Lowlands wren versions ... Any
artists ready for illustrations?

Thanks for any tips.