LL-L "Language varieties" 2008.06.23 (06) [E]

Mon Jun 23 21:11:28 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  - 23 June 2008 - Volume 06

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2008.06.23 (03) [E]

Helge Tietz <helgetietz at yahoo.com> wrote that

> It is by Friedrcih Engels (that very Engels who co-authored "Das Kapital"
> among others) who

Friedrich Engels, while he co-authored a number of works - including the
pamphlet "Communist Maifesto" -- with Karl Marx, who I believe is the sole
author of Das Kapital. And compared with whom I believe (in my humble
literary / aesthetic opinion) Engels is a MUCH lesser writer. ... But maybe
a better linguist! (He certainly would have to be a better linguist
than a shared political grandson, Josef Dzhugashvili aka Stalin, whose
lingistic works were almost mandatory citations in all linguistic works
produced in the Soviet Union for 25 years.

MWM || マイク || Мика || माईक || માઈક || ਮਾਈਕ
================
Dr Michael W Morgan
Managing Director
Ishara Foundation