LL-L "Resources" 2008.05.26 (02) [E]

Mon May 26 18:39:08 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  - 26 May 2008 - Volume 02

From: Pat Reynolds <pat at caerlas.demon.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2008.05.25 (01) [E]

In message <57c981290805250938o273a8f3x9056e804f5d3f30d at mail.gmail.com>,
Lowlands-L List <lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM> i.e Marlou Lessing writes

> Roger wrote:
>  Yann Desbordes, Petite Grammaire du Beton Moderne, 4e edition,
>  1999, Mouladurioù hor yezh, ISBN 2.86863.052.9, 128 pp.
>  6.5 euro at De Slegte, antiquarian bookshop, Ghent
> Beton? Is it about architecture? Or is it a beautiful little typing error?
> The
> Grammar of Modern Concrete surely should then be written by someone! I
> have a notion that many architects would need this grammar to use
> concrete more sensibly. Maybe concrete will turn out as a language really
> *hard* to learn... :-)

Perhaps it is an update of Sigfried Giedion's Bauen in Eisenbeton?  It's a
1928 treatise on the then new language -  recently translated into English
(as Building in Ferro-concrete) by, I think, the Getty Foundation.

Cheers,

Pat
--
Pat Reynolds

It may look messy now ...
       ... but just you come back in 500 years time (T. Pratchett).