LL-L "Resources" 2008.11.07 (03) [E]

Fri Nov 7 19:24:30 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 07 November 2008 - Volume 03

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Dear Lowlanders,

Two amongst you have stored some more Kahuna brownie points by submitting
stories to our on-line presentations.

Andrys Onsman has added another story to our Travel collection (
http://lowlands-l.net/travels/). It's about Ljouwert (Leeuwarden), with an
emphasis on the city's architecture.

http://lowlands-l.net/travels/ljouwert.php

I expect it will be as popular as are Andrys' other stories, Tom's stroll
through Edinburgh (http://lowlands-l.net/travels/edinburgh.php) and Roger's
stroll through Steenokkerzeel (
http://lowlands-l.net/travels/steenokkerzeel.php). Actually, all pages in
this presentation are pretty popular as far as visits (hits) are concerned.

And Arend Victorie has been at it again. He has contributed two new stories
to the Traditions presentation (http://lowlands-l.net/traditions/), both of
them based on history and folklore of Drenthe province in the eastern part
of the Netherlands. They are both written in Drenthe Low Saxon (which seems
Westphalian-like to me and also leads over to Low Franconian). Most of you
that know Dutch, Afrikaans or other Low Saxon varieties will probably
understand most of it. To make it easier for our friends in and from
Northern Germany I have added versions of Arend's texts using German-based
spelling. (Just click on "Düütsche Schriefwies'" at the top on the right.)

One story is about border markers in Drenthe and folk stories related to
them:
http://lowlands-l.net/traditions/tales_greinzen.php

The other story is a dramatized version of "Grote Harold Van Börk" with some
reference to dolmens on the Drenthe Heath:
http://lowlands-l.net/traditions/tales_harold.php

Please enjoy these new additions, and please consider contributing new ones
to these and other presentations (bearing in mind that you do not need to
aspire to Andrys' and Arend's literary standards.) Also, please remember
that you may provide information about *any* part of the Lowlandic-speaking
world, not only European parts.

Just write to me to find out more, to make suggestions or to submit texts,
pictures, audio files, etc.

Thanks and regards,
Reinhard/Ron

Our presentations: