LL-L "Members' news" 2008.10.18 (02) [E/LS]

Sat Oct 18 19:08:28 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 18 October 2008 - Volume 02

From: Arend Victorie <victorie.a at home.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Grammar" 2008.10.17 (01) [E]

 Moi  beste Reinhard,

 Ik gooi net mien mailbox open en ik lees wat aj mit-emaakt hebt. Ik vuul
mit oe mit, gordelroos is niet uut te holden.

Dizze is veur oe kameraod.

For many, many days together

The wind blew steady from the East.

For many days hot grew the weather,

About the time of our Lady's feast.

And often as we rode together,

We, looking down the green-blanked stream,

saw flowers in the sunny weather,

And saw the bubble-making bream

(Lady's feast= breaking day)

Ik deinke an oe

Arend Victorie.

 ----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Members' news

 Moyen ook, beste Arend! Krigst 'n groten, dikken dank, altyd leyve,
weykmoydige un wakkere kamraat, vör düt un vör allens annere in al dey
jaren. Dat gördelroos' nich ut tou holden is, daar kan ik nu up swoyren.

(Who wrote that nice poem, Arend?)

And thanks to everyone else, including a couple of brand-new LL-L members,
for all the kind messages on and off the List. I am truly touched by your
caring.

I'm able to be a hermit for a few days, since fortunately I had stocked up
on groceries when it became apparent that something really nasty was
fermenting in my head and neck area. However, unlike hermits of times past,
I am electronically connected to the outside, which in the case of contacts
with my friends is a great blessing, and this includes my contacts with each
one of you, on and off the List.

Always most gratefully yours,