LL-L "Members' news" 2008.10.26 (02) [E]

Sun Oct 26 18:45:29 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 26 October 2008 - Volume 02

From: Wolfram Antepohl <wolfram at antepohl.se
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2008.10.24 (04) [E]

Oh my, what can I say? I am flattered, honoured, surprised and sligtly
perplexed. The Kahuna seems to appreciate even my insignificant comments.
Thank you Kahuna for encouraging me!

PĪWAI-MA-KI'O

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Members' news

Thanks, Jonny.

If it is who I think you are referring to, I have to say that the Kahuna has
been taking his presence and engagement for granted. So he looked a bit
perplexed for a minute or so when I submitted your petition to him. However,
the subservient, grandiose tone of your submission must have made a
difference (and he is a sucker for pomp and circumstance, as you know), for
it prompted him to induct the following seven Lowlanders into the Hall of
Honor:

   - David B. Frank
   - Jenny Kool
   - Lucas Annear
   - Paul Anisman
   - Reinhard "Ron" Hahn
   - Robert Haslach
   - Wolfram Antepohl

http://lowlands-l.net/treasures/kahuna.htm

So congratulations to the new inductees!

Anyone should feel free to nominate his- or herself or anyone else if there
is some sort of merit, usually in the form of participation.

Wolfram Antepohl

Lindesbergsgatan 4

582 53 Linköping

013-125243