LL-L "Holidays" 2008.09.27 (01) [E]

Mon Sep 29 16:41:33 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 29 September 2008 - Volume 01

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Holidays

Dear (quiet) Lowlanders,

Here are happy Michaelmas greetings to you, especially if you are in or from
the United Kingdom or Spain, where this is an official holiday. Some of our
friends in the Lowlands, in the Nordic Countries, in Estonia and in Normandy
may also be celebrating this day, since it survives in some traditions. In
several Low Saxon dialects *Michelimaand* ("Michael's month") is the name
for September.

Furthermore, I wish all our Jewish Lowlanders very happy holidays and a
wonderful new year (5769) on this Rosh Hashanah (ראש השנה). May all your
names be written with gold letters in the Book of Judgment!

With warm regards to all,