LL-L "Projects" 2009.08.16 (02) [EN]

Sun Aug 16 17:55:34 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 16 August 2009 - Volume 02
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: R. F. Hahn
<sassisch at yahoo.com<http://uk.mc264.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sassisch@yahoo.com>

Subject: Projects

Dear Lowlanders,

Now that we are well into August -- Can you believe it? -- I offer you a
little challenge, or a *big* challenge if you wish to meet it "bigly".

We are not too far away from Halloween around whose time there are
traditions that feature the eerie, the scary, the spooky ... I am not
proposing that everyone *celebrate* Halloween (and I am aware that some
Christian and Islamic circles frown upon that). What I *am* proposing is a
topic for discussion and for comparing and collecting cultural and
linguistic tidbits.

Perhaps some of will add something of this sort to our Web presentations,
such as ...

   - Traditions:
   http://www.lowlands-l.net/traditions/
   e.g. spooky myths, customs and folktales

   - Travels:
   http://www.lowlands-l.net/travels/
   e.g. haunted or otherwise spooky places to visit

   - Gallery:
   http://www.lowlands-l.net/gallery/
   e.g. your spooky stories (including retold traditional ones), poems,
   songs, music and/or pictures

Such "postable" contributions need not be large.  Written ones can be as
brief as one paragraph each and in any language variety you choose.

If I get it together till then I'll produce sound files for the scary poems
in my Klaus Groth collection:

Dat gruli Hus (The Eerie House)
http://lowlands-l.net/groth/gruli.php

He wak (He Woke)
http://lowlands-l.net/groth/wak.php

Dat stæhnt int Moor (Moaning on the Moor)
http://lowlands-l.net/groth/moor-2.php

So, go and put your thinking hats on, folks!

Seattle, USA