LL-L "Etymology" 2009.08.23 (02) [EN]

Sun Aug 23 17:53:10 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 23 August 2009 - Volume 02
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: Elsa Primo <elsa_primo at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2009.08.22 (01) [EN]

I didn't know exactly where this might belong, but this conversation seems
to have some relationship; so here it goes..."NEW WORD" maybe? I've been
noticing of late stickers on Del Motne BRAND bananas that say "BANANO de
Costa Rica". My question is is this a new SPANISH word based on the ENGLISH
pronounciation? Isn't real Spanish for banana; "ANANA?" BANANO would be
PHONETICALLY correct to our ears as O in SPANISH can be "UH". Fits the "OLD
LATIN/OLD CELTIC" formula where the A in one is an O in the other....which
would mean that ROMA would become OMAR in that it everything was still
"RIGHT TO LEFT" until the ROMANS 'went against the grain' ...but in any case
by 'ox-ploughing' to parphrase Judge Samson, we do come up with some real
'goodies'! ('SALEM'!)

From: R. F. Hahn
<sassisch at yahoo.com<http://us.mc596.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sassisch@yahoo.com>

Subject: Etymology