LL-L "Traditions" 2009.02.06 (02) [E]

Sat Feb 7 23:57:43 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 06 February 2009 - Volume 02

From: Luc Hellinckx <luc.hellinckx at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Traditions"

Beste Paul,

You wrote:

*
* Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2009.02.05 (03) [E]*
* Interesting. My father was a plasterer all his working life, and he always
said February was the worst month for lost time due to frost and snow
(before portable industrial gas heaters you couldn't plaster in the frost).*

May well be. In any case, we usually get little snow or frost here in
Northern Belgium.

Saw a documentary about building in Southern Siberia last year. They were
hiring Chinese construction workers: the guys kept on working no matter how
hard it froze. At one time it was - 28 º C. When asked how they could keep
it going, the masons showed the fires they had lit underneath huge barrels
with mortar. Still wonder if cement dries just as good under these
circumstances, have no idea.

Kind greetings,

Luc Hellinckx, Halle