LL-L "Technica" 2009.02.11 (01) [E]

Wed Feb 11 15:17:16 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 11 February 2009 - Volume 01

From: Henno Brandsma <hennobrandsma at hetnet.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2009.02.10 (02) [E]

From: Luc Hellinckx <luc.hellinckx at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Idiomatica"

Beste Ron,

I'm still having problems reading diacritics on every message I'm getting
from Lowlands; but I think I may have found the reason.

Somewhere around January the 21st, the "Content-Transfer-Encoding" header
field has been changed from "base64" (no problems there) to "7-bit" first
and finally "quoted-printable" (loads of problems). I'm using Mail.app as
client software under OS X (Mac).

Another mail reader, Entourage, displays diacritics just fine (same OS), but
I'd rather not change clients. Would it be possible to change transfer back
to base64?

Kind greetings,

Luc Hellinckx

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Technica

Thanks a lot, Luc.

I did alert our hosts at LINGUIST and have also forwarded your message to
them with the request for help.

Seattle, USA

I have the same problem here (same OS, same Mail.app, so no surprise there
:) ).

Though this message itself is encoded as "7bit" [maybe because it's indeed
lower ASCII only]

but we need UTF-8, don't we? base64 is normally used for binary data (PDF,
Word docs, pictures etc),

so even base64 is off, for the body text.

Hopefully this will be resolved!

Henno