LL-L "Technica" 2009.02.12 (01) [E]

Thu Feb 12 15:37:41 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 12 February 2009 - Volume 01

From: Diederik Masure <didimasure at hotmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2009.02.11 (05b) [E]

Strange, both in 04 and 05 i didnt have problems reading either the A or the
B version, while I used to have problems with characters before. But not in
this case.
Diederik

-----------

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>

Ron/Reinhard,

As a subscriber ...

Am not sure how many of us can read IPA, Chinese AND Sanskrit to tell if the
characters coming in the ML messages are "funny" still or not, BUT since I
do a fair to middlin' job at all three (maybe slightly worse at the first!),
I found no thistles among the flowers, only wine  ... in BOTH versions. (I
am using gmail, in internet explorer.)

PS. (I prefer MY Sanskrit quotes from the Mahabharata not the Ramayana
... though
the latter actually has wider Asian appeal perhaps.)

U C > || mwm
================
Dr Michael W Morgan
Ishara Foundation || ईशारा फॉउंडेशन  || イシャラ基金
Mumbai/Bombay *|* मुंबई *|* ムンバイ/ボンベイ (インド)
www.ishara.org
+++++++++++++++
"People interested only in the bottom line, seem to have forgotten that the
stars are in the oposite direction" (anon)
-------
Цхьана буйна ши хорбаз тарлур яц. (посл.) = В одной руке два арбуза не
удержишь

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Technica

Thanks, guys, and thanks to everyone that responded via private messages.
This is very helpful.

All but our Luc (H.) received at least one version all right, most people
both. When I send postings in default encoding, apparently everyone (except
Luc) receives them fine and they are displayed as desired in the archives
without you having to change view encoding. I personally had the same
experience as our Diederik (above). Something may have gotten unstuck when I
played with the encoding choices.

Mike, as for the mentioned "exotica", it depends on what fonts you designate
in your browser or e-mail program. You should have no problem if you
designate Arial Unicode, for instance. This should apply even if, as usual,
I assign Arial to ordinary text and Arial Unicode specifically to "exotica"
portions within the text. It certainly works for *me*, your fellow
ecclecticist. (Talking about such, so I see you're resorting to quoting from
Chechen now.)

Thanks again, everyone, also Susan for her assistance.