LL-L "Technica" 2009.02.13 (01) [E]

Fri Feb 13 15:20:37 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 13 February 2009 - Volume 01

From: Brooks, Mark <mark.brooks at twc.state.tx.us>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2009.02.11 (05b) [E]

Susan asked: "I wonder how it looks to the subscribers..."

FWIW, the two emails from yesterday both looked exactly the same to me.
This one below has all the "special characters" in it, and I can see them
perfectly.

Mark Brooks

----------

From: Wolfram Antepohl <wolfram at antepohl.se>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2009.02.12 (01) [E]

Ron and others!

Unfortunately, despite all of Ron's attempts, not a single message passed
through to me with the characters properly displayed. Sam problem as Luc
that is AND I am using the same system (Mac OSX with Mail.app client). Luc
didn't have problems with the Entourage application. I haven't tested that
but the most reasonable explanation seems to be that the problem is within
the mail.app programme. I'll try to play a little with the settings and see
if I can get around the problem.

Greetings

Wolfram

----------

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>

your fellow ecclecticist. (Talking about such, so I see you're resorting to
quoting from Chechen now.)

I don't know if it would exactly qualify as a "resort" ... I have been a
student of Noxčij mott for some years; once even ALMOST made the mistake of
taking someting on Chechen verbs as light reading while i waited for a visa
... at the Osaka RUSSIAN consulate (THAT might have been a BIG mistake).
(BUT i congratulate you on your erudition; most of my friends think is is
Ingush!)

(Sandy, A howp ma owersettin ablo isna ower puir.)

U C > || mwm
Dr Michael W Morgan
Ishara Foundation || ईशारा फॉउंडेशन  || イシャラ基金
Mumbai/Bombay *|* मुंबई *|* ムンバイ/ボンベイ (インド)
www.ishara.org

Цхьана буйна ши хорбаз тарлур яц. = Ee kinnae haud twa wattermelon wi the ae
niv. (Chechen Proverb; varaints common trhoughout the langauges of the area)