LL-L "Anthems" 2009.02.16 (02) [E]

Mon Feb 16 18:06:57 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 16 February 2009 - Volume 02

From: Ben J. Bloomgren <ben.j.bloomgren at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Anthems" 2009.02.15 (04) [E]

Is patriotism something one is taught/ adopts as a child?

Oh Heather!

When I was in Mexico in the late summer and fall of 2007, I realized what my
version of patriotism really is. I used to take our Star Spangled Banner for
granted. I wore my Arizona State University shirt with utmost pride. The
Mexican anthem sounds, well... foreign to me! I'm aware that Hermosillo,
Sonora, Mexico is not exactly the "lowlands", but when you commented about
patriotism, I thought of that.

Ben

----------

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Anthems" 2009.02.15 (07) [E]

Not EXACTLY on anthems per se, but my sentiments on "nationalism", much
modified since my youth, is currently:

I am ALL for it, up to a point. ... and that POINT is: I am all fro
nationalismk among folk who don't actually HAVE a nation/state. Then, once
you actually GET a nation, you are on your own. I will not be there
to support you as (and after) you screw it up!

U C > || mwm
================
Dr Michael W Morgan
Ishara Foundation || ईशारा फॉउंडेशन  || イシャラ基金
Mumbai/Bombay *|* मुंबई *|* ムンバイ/ボンベイ (インド)
www.ishara.org
"People interested only in the bottom line, seem to have forgotten that the
stars are in the oposite direction" (anon)
-------
Цхьана буйна ши хорбаз тарлур яц.  = Ee kinnae haud twa wattermelon wi ae
niv.