LL-L "Idiomatica" 2009.01.08 (03) [E]

Thu Jan 8 16:00:02 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 08 January 2009 - Volume 03

From: Roger Hondshoven <rhondshoven at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Idiomatica" 2009.01.05 (07) [E]

Beste Luc,

Luc Hellings replied to my remark :

*'I might add for East-Brabant (Getelands): nötst (in Tiens: natst), meaning
'next', e.g. 't nötste joër 'next year'*

I guess this construction may be influenced by the comparative form of
"na(ar)", which is "na(ar)der". Doesn't the same happen with "veel" -
"meer(der)", ?"miëdst"?

Indeed, the superlative *miëtst*  has the same interpolated *t*.  Similarly,
a *d *was inserted in *nöder.*

Kind greetings,

Roger Hondshoven