LL-L "Humor" 2009.01.18 (02) [E]

Mon Jan 19 01:46:25 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 18 January 2009 - Volume 02

From: M.-L. Lessing <marless at gmx.de>
Subject: LL-L "Humor" 2009.01.18 (01) [E]

This is quite similar to the famous "Filserbriefe" that mock german-coloured
English. Gisela Daum has published several books of such letters; she was a
columnist in the Süddeutsche Zeitung and in this paper used to write letters
in Filser-Englisch to an (imaginary) english friend, containing sketches of
the current issues in german politics and society. It was really funny. The
columns were compiled to books later (e.g.
http://www.amazon.de/besten-englischen-Filserbriefe-Your-Gisela/dp/3784427774/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232328112&sr=1-1)<http://www.amazon.de/besten-englischen-Filserbriefe-Your-Gisela/dp/3784427774/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232328112&sr=1-1%29>The
topics are partly obsolete now, but the Filser-Englisch is still
beautiful. You roll on the floor laughing when she complains that there was
a train in her room at night (train = zug = draught)... And the best part is
a letter by her imaginary friend in Filser-German. He tries to explain the
cricket game (das Grille-Spiel). It almost killed me with laughter.

Alas can I you nothing thereout cite, because I my only book outlended have.
And in the web seems it not much such stuff to give. But when I my book back
become, will I something from it scan and in the web upload, and when I you
decree say (Bescheid sage), can you it there see. How is that?

Heartly!

Marlou