LL-L "Etymology" 2009.01.30 (02) [E]

Fri Jan 30 17:35:51 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 30 January 2009 - Volume 02

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2009.01.29 (01) [E]

R/R, phral:

One rarely finds cause for corrections in your post, but

> Nepali *dēkhu* देख्नु

I assume it is a typo, but you seem to have left out the /n/ in the
transcription of देख्नु *dekhnu* (I leave out the macron on the e as I have
NO idea what it is there for. nepali has No distinctive vowel length either)

(my tiny typescript and the atypical (for Modern Nepali anyway)
conjunct ख्न khn
had me seeing the non-Nepali ख wuth an under-dot ... magnification, however,
showed that NOt to be the case.

pheri bhetaula!

Mike || マイク || माईक || Мика || માઈક || მაიქ || ਮਾਈਕ
מייק || மாஇக் || Miqueu || U C > || ما یک || Mihangel
Dr Michael W Morgan
Ishara Foundation || ईशारा फॉउंडेशन  || イシャラ基金
Mumbai/Bombay *|* मुंबई *|* ムンバイ/ボンベイ (インド)
www.ishara.org