LL-L "Members' news" 2009.07.14 (05) [EN]

Tue Jul 14 15:27:54 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 14 July 2009 - Volume 05
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Names" 2009.07.13 (03) [EN]

Ron & fellow Lowlanders,

ቴና ይስጥልኝ!

> P.S.: Mike, are you now physically in Addis Ababa?

No, not yet.

In fact I am about 50 hrs away from leaving Osaka (and my wife) behind
in route. That route is somewhat loinger than one woudl expect, coming
as i do from Bombay/Mumbai, but I decided to take the "wrong" way
around the world to get there ... allowing me to visit family.

I will be in the States ... visiting my son, in-laws and then at the
ALT conference at Berkeley, then on the East coast (where my parents
also reside) doing all the bureaucratic things one needs to do to get
one's work visa for Ethiopia.

IF all goes well (and I see no reason why they shouldn't), I will be
physically in Addis for the festival of Mesqel (a new holiday to add
to the lowlands list of holidays!) ... and my contract (which is now
signed and legal :-)) !) starts Oct 1st.