LL-L "Etymology" 2009.06.07 (05) [EN]

Sun Jun 7 22:25:04 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 07 June 2009 - Volume 05

From: heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk <heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2009.06.07 (03) [EN]

from Heather Rendall  heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk

re Tschüs

interestingly the OED ( my copy is old - 1966) does not include "Cheers" or
Cheerio"..... so maybe Ron's theory could fill the gap???!!!

Heather

----------

From: Marsha <marshatrue at mtangel.net>
 Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2009.06.06 (01) [EN]
Thanks, you two!  That makes perfect sense, as there is also "scared the
stuffing out of me."  Pij wadding....yeah - I like it!
Marsha Wilson
Mt. Angel, Oregon

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Etymology

Well, Heather, I wouldn't go as far as taking it to the OED as yet. ;-)

Marsha, actually it's *you* that deserves a fat gold star for bringing such
a juicy, truly Lowlandic morsel to the table. It was delicious. I'm sure our
Jacqueline would agree. You made the Kahuna smile.

Seattle, USA