LL-L "Resources" 2009.06.18 (05) [DA-EN]

Thu Jun 18 21:16:38 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 18 June 2009 - Volume 05

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

*Nyhed: Vores jubilæum-site har nu en dansk sprogindeks!*

Folks,

Thanks to Marc Daniel Skibsted Volhardt, a kind, enthusiastic non-Lowlander
in Denmark, our Anniversary site now has a language index in Danish.

http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/contents-da.php

Tak skal du ha, Marc.

Folks, time for you members to get active again!

Talking about Danish, you are likely to enjoy the following Danish video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

I find it extremely funny, presented as a TV reality show spoof. It's a
comic approach to Denmark's dialect diversity. It is made for a Danish
audience, but you will enjoy it even without knowing Danish. The funny thing
is that most of the Danish parts are not to be understood by Danes either.
Three gentlemen complain to the audience in *English* (with Danish
subtitles) about the fact that Danes don't understand each other in Danish
and that as a result Danish society as we know it is doomed. The hilarious
twist is that the participants feel obligated to *pretend* to understand
each other. At one point, the hardware man (*isenkræmmer*) has a moment of
failing courage. What he "whisperingly screams" at the customer to whose arm
he's clinging is "Hjælp! Vi forstår hinanden ikke!" ("Help! We do not
understand each other!") But the stiff upper lip prevails soon enough, and
everyone goes on faking mutual comprehension …

Enjoy!
Reinhard/Ron
Seattle, USA