LL-L "Holidays" 2009.06.22 (01) [EN]

Mon Jun 22 14:01:15 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 22 June 2009 - Volume 01

From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Holidays" 2009.06.19 (01) [EN]

Just got back from a Juhannus party in Finland!  Coldest and wettest one
anybody could remember, but a good time had by all.

Paul
Derby
England

From: R. F. Hahn
<sassisch at yahoo.com<http://uk.mc264.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sassisch@yahoo.com>

Subject: Holidays

Dear Lowlanders,

I assume that quite a few of you will travel this weekend. This is why I am
sending these holiday greetings out early enough to catch most of you.

On behalf of everyone I wish all fathers, grandfather, great-grandfathers
and father figures on Lowlands-L happy Fathers' Day. Hopefully all of you
will have visitors and get phone calls, cards and email messages.

Also, happy Summer Solstice and Winter Solstice respectively to all of you
to whom these matter!  Happy *Sankt Hans aften* in Denmark, *Jaanipäev *in
Estonia, *juhannus* in Finland, *Sankthansaften* in Norway,
*Midsommarafton*in Sweden,
*Noc Świętojańska* especially in Northern Poland, and many variants of
Midsummer festivals in Britain, Ireland and Man, to name but a few. It is
also the beginning of the month-long *Белые ночи* (White Nights)
for our friends in Russia.

Best regards,
Reinhard/Ron
Seattle, USA