LL-L "Holidays" 2009.05.04 (06) [EN-ES]

Tue May 5 14:20:12 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 05 May 2009 - Volume 01

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>
Subject: holidays [Spanish]

¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo a todos!

mike || U C > || мика  || माईक || マイク
    (( Michael W Morgan, PhD ))
linguist temporarily at large in Bom Bahia
+++++++++++++++++
Mark Twain, great American satirist and humorist, is quoted as saying "A lie
can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its
shoes"... THAT is ONE reason why I never wear shoes ... only chapals!

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Holidays

Y el mismo de mí.

This Mexican holiday offers a good opportunity to wish our Mexican friends
on and off the List the very best.

Mexico has taken a bad double blow with the epidemic and the financial
repercussions on top of the world economic recession, not to mention trouble
with the narco gangs along the US border. The epidemic at least seems to be
nearing its end. But unfortunately global hysteria about it is not and it
has now come to targeting and singling out Mexican travelers.

My suggestion: spend your vacations in Mexico this year! It's a lovely
country with lovely people, and what you read and hear is overblown.

Saludos cordiales,
Reinhard/Ron
Seattle, USA