LL-L "Delectables" 2009.05.10 (05) [EN]

Sun May 10 17:39:47 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 10 May 2009 - Volume 05

From: Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong <Dutchmatters at comcast.net>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2009.05.10 (03) [EN]

To ROGER THYS RE: Moeder Babelutte

Aw, come on Roger. You should not torture us so much. Here I am in Seattle
and you send us pictures of those gorgeous candies – with booze no less !.
My “ancestral soul food detectors” are  fully operational. Tell me did they
have these quintessential “zuurstokken” too? I remember them from every
“kermis” I ever went to. I am in mourning. The only comfort is that you did
not send a picture of a “poffertjes kraam”. Maybe some inventive lowlander
should invent “smello vision”.

 Hartelijke groeten from Jacqueline, who is chomping on a Mothers Day Lady
Godiva truffle.