LL-L "Tradition" 2009.11.28 (03) [DE-EN]

Sat Nov 28 21:06:50 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 28 November 2009 - Volume 03

From: Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong <Dutchmatters at comcast.net>
Subject: LL-L "Tradition" 2009.11.28 (02) [DE]

Hannelore sagte:

Die grünen Zweige bedeuten *unbesiegbare Natur.*

Die Farbe rot (Bänder und Kerzen) verkörpert *das Leben.*

Gold, *Farbe des Lichtes,*  soll uns die Sonne andeuten, damit wir die
Dunkelheit

leichter überwinden

Hello Hannelore, I am all for tradition. I think that green, red and yellow
are just wonderfully complementary to the time of year and  to our
intentions. However I grew up in a family which was culturally overwhelmed
by my Mennonite maternal grandmother. So our Christmas tree had white
candles and the house was decorated with the colors green and white. If one
starts out with the idea that one has to live the simple life and honor
one’s Lord with humility then the lack of color follows all by itself. I
must say that I still decorate my Christmas tree with white candles and some
simple white and silver balls. My adult children finally nixed the real
candles and bought me some very simple electric ones, but I have a large *RED
RIBBON* on my front door.

Enjoy the lights and keep warm. After all that’s what counts.

Jacqueline BdJ

Seattle