LL-L "Events" 2009.09.12 (02) [EN]

Sat Sep 12 19:45:04 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 12 September 2009 - Volume 02
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: LL-L Events

 This week-end we have "open monuments day" in Flanders and Wallonia.
The Brussels capital region will have its days on Sept 19&20.

In the broschur for Brussels I find one gives access to the *house of the
"Hanse"* in Brussels.
I have no idea what link with the Hanse it had in the 18th century.
Here is a scan:
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/hanze/bruom.jpg

I found some description of this house (in French, before the restauration)
in:
Le patrimoine monumental de la Belgique,
Bruxelles, tome 1A, Pentagone A-D
*1989*, Liège, Solédi,
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/hanze/157.jpg
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/hanze/158.jpg
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/hanze/159.jpg
(The text says there is no ground for calling it after the Hanse, as one did
in the 20th century)
index picture nr 313 at p 432
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/hanze/432.jpg

I will see if I can find some time to check Sunday next week.

The address is Timmerhoutkaai 9 in Brussels
or 9 Quai au Bois de Construction in French.
It is a bit East of the Canal to Charleroi and a bit South odf the Metro
Station Yser.

Regards,
Roger